Welcome to Lees Primary School
Lees Primary is proudly part of the Bronte Academy Trust, along with Oakworth, Oldfield and Haworth Primaries. Lees Primary School opened in 1899, and externally has retained its character. As such most classrooms work around the main school hall. There is a large playground and a field, which at present the children use, weather permitting. Being a one-form entry school, we really feel that we are a family working together in the heart of our community.
Lees Primary School is a caring community that provides a kind, positive and supportive environment – one which is responsive to individual needs and which encourages the pursuit of excellence by helping all to achieve their maximum potential both within the classroom and beyond.
The school aims to:
- provide a challenging, stimulating environment that encourages each child to meet our high expectations and to want to reach his or her full potential;
- provide the highest quality of education for all our children;
- ensure that every child has equal access to a broad and balanced curriculum;
- develop the highest possible level of achievement of each child;
- be welcoming, secure and friendly;
- work with parents and carers as active partners in their child’s education;
- encourage the children to develop an understanding, responsible and caring attitude to each other;
- achieve high standards of behaviour based on confidence and self-esteem.
At Lees we 'Put children first'.
At Lees we follow 'SCARF' meaning 'Safety' Caring' 'Achievement' 'Resilience' and 'Friendship' are key to aspects of our school community.
Please feel welcome to contact the school to arrange an appointment to visit. If you wish to apply for a place at our school please see the Admissions Page.